The Lamar MBA
Lamar University's MBA is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The Lamar MBA was ranked a Top 10 in the State of Texas and Princeton Review ranked Lamar's College of Business as one of the top 294 business schools in the nation. MBA students with undergraduate business degrees can earn their MBA in just 16 months through Lamar University's Traditional MBA. Beyond Grey Pinstripes ranked Lamar 81 in their "Global 100" list for 2011-2012.
The strategic role of the Lamar MBA is to deliver a dynamic integrated management education to a variety of student groups. Our students range from those who are exploring their career goals, through students who want to advance their existing business knowledge, and to students who have a focused career path. These different student needs are met through either the flexible part-time or the full-time Lamar MBA.
The Lamar MBA places a heavy emphasis on an experiential-based approach to problem solving including the knowledge, skill and ability to incorporate ethical considerations, leadership, teamwork, and a global perspective into the decision-making process. At Lamar University, we blend our student's MBA education with passionate teaching, active learning, specialized knowledge and professional development to enhance their career potential.
When students complete the MBA Program they should be able to:
- demonstrate managerial understanding of business disciplines.
- integrate the functional areas in the analysis of strategic management issues.
- incorporate ethical considerations in decision making.
- incorporate global perspectives in decision making.
- work in a team-based environment that emphasizes skills including leadership, group problem solving, and consensus building.
- enhance effective decision making with information technology.
You must meet the general university requirements for admission. In addition, you must take the GMAT and your undergraduate grade point average and GMAT scores must equal or exceed the minimum standards. You must meet at least one of the following standards:
- A total of at least 950 points based on the formula: 200 times the overall undergraduate GPA for the first baccalaureate degree (4.0 system) plus the GMAT score*.
- A total of at least 1,000 points based on the formula: 200 times the GPA (4.0 system) of the last 60 hours of undergraduate work for the first baccalaureate degree plus GMAT scores*.
Note: Students must make a minimum score of 450 on the GMAT for unconditional acceptance regardless of GPA. Students who make 400-450 on the GMAT and meet either standard above will be admitted conditionally pending satisfactory completion of nine hours with a "B" (3.0) average. A student who make less than 400 on the GMAT will not be admitted regardless of GPA.
A student whose native language is not English is expected to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and score more than 550 on the paper based test, 213 on the computer based test, or 79 on the internet based test OR IELTS 6.5
Post Baccalaureate or Post Graduate students are not permitted to enroll in business courses for graduate credit without prior consent of the Associate Dean.
Fees: see fee schedule.Application procedure and deadline: Application fee $25 (domestic) and $75 (international).
Domestic applications must be received 30 days before Fall, Spring or Summer registration.
Fall (August) Priority Deadline: April 15, Final Deadline: July 1
Spring (January) Priority Deadline: Sept. 1, Final Deadline: Dec 1
Summer (June) Priority Deadline: Jan. 15, Final Deadline: April 15Scholarships
Scholarships are available to students that meet the following criteria:
GPA X 200 + GMAT = 1150
(Students on probation are not eligible for scholarships)
See available scholarships here.