MS in Accounting Admission Requirements
Persons seeking admission to this program must meet the general requirements for admission outlined at http://catalog.lamar.edu/graduate-admissions-2011-2012.html with the following exceptions:
- The student is required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test, GMAT.
- The applicant’s undergraduate grade point average and GMAT scores must equal or exceed the minimum standards. Applicants must meet at least one of the following standards:
- A total of at least 1050 points based on the formula: 200 times the overall undergraduate GPA for the first baccalaureate degree (4.0 system) plus the GMAT score.*
- A total of at least 1,100 points based on the formula: 200 times the GPA (4.0 system) of the last 60 hours of undergraduate work for the first baccalaureate degree plus GMAT score*.
*Note: Students will not be granted conditional acceptance into the MS in Accounting program.
3. A student whose native language is not English is expected to take a language proficiency exam. Acceptable scores and additional information for prospective international students may be found at http://catalog.lamar.edu/graduate-admissions-2011-2012.html.All applications will be reviewed on the basis of the profile material required and submitted for admission consideration. Each required document contributes to the overall profile of the candidate for admission. Qualified applicants for graduate study must provide evidence of good standing at the college or university from which they earned their undergraduate degree. The requirements outlined above represent the minimum criteria that applicants must meet to be considered for admission into the MS in Accounting program. The final decision regarding admittance into the program will be made by the MSA program committee. Meeting with the minimum admittance requirements does not guarantee an applicant's admittance into the program.