MS in Accounting Admission Requirements
Persons seeking admission to this program must meet the general requirements for admission outlined in the University Catalog with the following exceptions:
- The student is required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test, GMAT.
- The applicant’s undergraduate grade point average and GMAT scores must equal or exceed the minimum standards. Applicants must meet at least one of the following standards:
- A total of at least 1050 points based on the formula: 200 times the overall undergraduate GPA for the first baccalaureate degree (4.0 system) plus the GMAT score.*
- A total of at least 1,100 points based on the formula: 200 times the GPA (4.0 system) of the last 60 hours of undergraduate work for the first baccalaureate degree plus GMAT score*.
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree in Accounting from an accredited domestic university must have a 3.0 GPA in undergraduate accounting courses.
- Applicants without an undergraduate degree in Accounting from an accredited domestic university are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA in undergraduate accounting leveling courses.
*Note: Students will not be granted conditional acceptance into the MS in Accounting program.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- A student whose native language is not English is expected to take a language proficiency exam. Acceptable scores and additional information for prospective international students may be found in the University Catalog.
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree in Accounting from an international university will be required to take Accounting leveling courses.
- International applicants are required to submit an evaluated transcript.